Katlyn Elaine Reynolds

My photo
Hey, my name is Katlyn I am a junior at HTHS. I am 16 and play soccer for the school team an olympic team and and indoor team. I chose my topic because I think criminal investigations are interesting. I am also planning on taking a course in college that has to do with my topic, so this gets me a head start.While doing my research there is never a dull moment, so it keeps me going.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Response 4 multi-media


Criminal Minds

Criminal Minds on CBS had a great show about a criminal with psychological problems. The title of the show was “Public Enemy.” This was about a guy who would go into public places and would slice random people’s throats. Then the BAU is called to the scene to determine why the man was doing it. They later conclude that the man has the psychopath of an arsonist, and not exactly a spree killer. The reason why the man is committing these crimes is because the man had hatred for his father. The BAU was able to catch him by creating a ruse which he cannot resist. The man in this TV show was obviously a victim of some sort of abuse when he was a child. Also he was not born with any psychological problems but later developed it. The psychopath that has come out of him in his killings has most likely been caused by his years of abuse by his dad. This guy is an example of criminals not being genetically inclined to kill but it is more of how he was raised.
This show still makes me believe that criminals are made into criminals and not born with the traits. So far all of my research and data collected has backed my opinion up. 70 percent of criminals have had some sort of abuse growing up. This is sad because knowing these facts parents should treat their children better so that they want be the parents of a future criminal. This man in this show had psychological problems that could have been caused from anything but there is no proof that he got it from his parents. Also if his parents would have treated him better when he was younger he wouldn’t have turned out the same way. So this only lets us believe that he developed it over the years of growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment